A great job post will lay out the roles and responsibilities of the position clearly, present enough information to inform but not overwhelm, and differentiate your company from competitors.
If you’re not sure about what content to put in your posting, Google is a great place to start. Type the title of the job you are hiring for and “job description”. For example: “Server Job Description” will give you some basic content you can customize.
|Recommended Job Post Structure|
Requirements / Qualifications
A quick list of the experience you would like the candidate to have.
Compensation & Perks
|List what advantages there are to working for you vs. someone else.|
Closing / Call to action
|A closing sentence to encourage people to apply.|
Generic job title that includes what qualified people may be searching for.
A quick intro sentence about what you are hiring for and why.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
A quick bulleted list of what the person will be doing in the job.
|Things to keep in mind while writing your job posting|
|One Job Title, one Job Posting||
|What would your ideal applicant be searching for?||
|People are more likely to apply when they know what they are getting into.||
Sample Job Posting:
Workpop Cafe is searching for an experienced Server to join our team. You’ll be essential to the team as you will be the face of our company to customers.
- Serve as the face of Workpop Cafe and ensure all patrons have a great experience
- Suggest & take customers' food and drink orders accurately
- Ensure food allergies are communicated to the kitchen
- Collect payments for meals
- Assist with preparing tables for customers
- 1+ years of server experience required
- Strong customer service skills
- Familiar with restaurant POS system is a plus
Compensation & Perks:
- $10/hr + Tips
- Free meals
- Free parking
- Great team
Don’t miss the opportunity to join Workpop Cafe’s friendly team. Apply today!